Thursday, October 4, 2007

Sorry Two Months (Can we say B*U*S*Y)



Sorry to all for taking so long to update this. After two months perhaps I have lost some or all loyal readers. It has been a busy two months. But very active and spiritually moving. I cannot really put into words what has all happened within my heart, but I feel much closer to God in the end of it.
The transition to seminary abroad, to NAC, to being in Italy. Well it has been much more difficult than I thought it would be. I went for a little emotional roller coaster ride, but what is very much consoling is that I have felt myself growing ever closer to God in all of this. Reflecting on the Gospel passage: "Unless a grain of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it shall never bare fruit," it has all become more real to me. It is something I understood before in some over superficial way, but know much more into the heart.
How do I update over two months? I really cannot say I know how to. I have a lot of pictures though so perhaps that will help.


This is from a day trip while I was in language school in Verbania. It is a giant statue of Saint Charles Borromeo. He is the patron saint of seminaries, so of course is close to my heart. I will devote a separate post to the beauties of Verbania and Lago Maggiore.







This is a view of the Pope's gardens at Castelgondolfo. Very beautiful. They are usually not open to the public, but it was a special favor to us when we were there to receive the blessing of His Holiness.






The whole class of new men took a two night trip to Assisi. It moved me spiritually more than I thought it would, since I never had a large devotion to Saint Francis. I loved taking walks in the country side around the town. There are olive trees for those who have never seen olive trees before. The shimmer like silver under the Umbrian sun.






The basic skyline of Siena. I spent two weeks here for language school. The Cathedral is on the left with the tower and the dome. It was very beautiful, but there is sadly a charge to enter. It is treated more like a museum, rather than the House of God. Did not Jesus act on this some how?

No comments: