Friday, August 28, 2009

One thing I forgot to mention in my St. Augustine entry

Solemn (?) profession of a canon at the Norbertine Abbey of Sant'Antimo in Tuscany in Italy, which is one of the few Norberite houses active in Italy (perhaps the only one besides the Abbot General's)


Saint Augustine also left us the Rule of Saint Augustine, which is older than the rule of Saint Benedict (it almost hurts me to type that), and is used by a large number of religious communities - Augustian Friars, Augustian Canons (where I stayed during my Christmas trip to Vienna this past year), Dominicans (the fathers of my beloved university - the Angelicum), and also the Norbertines.
Since the Norbertines profess to follow the rule of St. Augustine, by custom they make there professions on the feast of St. Augustine. The local De Pere Norbertines will be professing one Canon this morning at Mass. Congratulations and prayers to them.

No comments: