Friday, May 11, 2007

Farewell Mundelein

My year at Mundelein is almost over. First thoughts are that it went really quickly, much quicker than I thought it would, and I am really grateful for having a chance to be here, to encounter God here, to meet the men that I have met here. It as been a great experience for me. It is time to say good-bye to this, and move on to another part of my life.
VIEW OVER THE LAKE

One of the best parts of being at Mundelein was to have time to reflect on going to Rome. At the beginning of this last summer I had told the diocese that I was willing to go, but inside I was anxious and unsettled. I was going because I was asked to go, but did not feel called to go. It was during the many quiet conversations with Fr. Murphy and the abundant silence, in which God's voice is heard, that I really started hearing that ancient voice that was telling me that he would still be there in Rome.


INTERIOR OF THE CHAPEL

I also think that I have really have grown too. I can thank some of the more difficult men at Mundelein for this. There are not many, but a few seminarians, who seem to try and make life in community more difficult for the other seminarians. It was during these interactions that I started started to see the slight sliver of what it means to love like God loves. To look at that person, who I honestly want to turn my back to, and see the good within them and try to draw it out. That is why I think God puts difficult people in our lives, so that we can learn how to love as he loves, because which people has been more obeisant then us? Yet God still loves us.


NICE (OLD) VIEW THAT I FOUND

I have included some pictures from Mundelein.

No comments: