Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Poland-Slovak river boating

I am from the country, but Rome is a big city. So any time that I get to enjoy the country-side, I take full advantage of it. This is why I probably seek up places to go hiking, like Cinque-Terre and Norcia when I have time for travelling.
In Poland this past summer I was able to enjoy the beautiful Tatras Mountains on the Polish-Slovak border.
After starting the day out with a long bus ride out into the country – we celebrated Mass at an ancient wooden church. It is really humbling to mediate on the faith that makes these little village churches possible. These villagers do not have a theological education, yet I bet that I would be awed at the faith they possess. They would have to after enduring decades of Communist occupation, and before that generations of foreign domination. It is a demonstration of God’s great ability to provide for the needs of all his children – He gives us what we need to know Him and to love Him.

After Mass we headed to the boats. From what I could gather this was a national park of sorts that is shared with Slovakia, since the river meanders over the border back and forth.


Last year I fell in love with the mountains of Italy. I do not have any mountains near my home in the United States, so I always look to see the mountains where ever I go. Each mountain range has a unique personality, the southern Alps of Pedimont are different than Umbria, and the Tatras provide another variation.This simple river trip provided time to relax with my Tertio Millenio friends, and also to enjoy some genuine leisure and re-creation. Perhaps this is a clue to enjoy a more balanced life now that I am back in Italy.
Enjoy the scenery, and God bless!

1 comment:

goooooood girl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.