Friday, July 17, 2009

Please keep Itan in prayers...

Usually I am restrained in re-posting news, but since this has seemed to receive minimal and inconsistent coverage on number of major Internet news sources (CNN, MSNBC, but Fox News does have a nice story: Iranian Police Tear-Gas Protesters at Prayer Sermon), I re-post an article from the UK Times Online: Rafsanjani calls for release of jailed protesters in Iran amid clashes in Tehran.

The struggle continues in Iran. These are men and women who have yearned to be free, to prosper and to leave to their children a better world. Please in your prayers be in solidarity with them.
Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The
wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door! -- from the poem inscribed on the statue of Liberty

No comments: