Saturday, March 21, 2009

Stepping stone in my own vocation:


I first thought about being a priest when I was in the second-grade. I did not even know it was possible until six years ago. Along the way there have been many obstacles, and even confusing moments. Times when I had to ask myself, "Why would I want to be a priest? I cannot even get married, etc." Then there were other times when I was particularly hard on myself and I would ask, "Why would God want me to be a priest?" In the end though there is that deep sense of knowing the love of God (found often in the Sacrament of Reconciliation), and being lead by the Holy Spirit to be able to say with full confidence, "YES - GOD WANTS ME TO BE A PRIEST." Even with the obstacles, hardships, struggles, and sometimes confusion -- this remains firm. A good part this is the support of friends, family and especially the fraternity of brother seminarians and priests. One of those guiding hands has been Fr. Quinn Mann, so I just wanted to share this article with you:Cheryl Anderson: Priest finds creative ways to bring God to lives of young people

No comments: