Monday, April 13, 2009

Camino Day 7: Padrón to Santiago de Compostela


Route: Padrón to Santiago de Compostela (20 k, 12 1/2 mi.)


Description:After 2k of main road the camino follows minor roads through hamlets and fields generally between the railway and the A9 (a major express way). At 9k cross the A9 and continue along minor roads through the 'new' town of Milladoiro. On the summit of the next hill the spires of the cathedral can be seen. Just after crossing the railway track and the River Sar, the outskirts of Santiago are reached and yellow arrows lead to the cathedral.






I do not want to write much of a reflection. I am writing these a head of time, and really do not know what I will be feeling and thinking as I approach Santiago de Compostela. Thank you all for your prayerful support.




I will send an update when I get back to Rome in a few days.




Saint James of Compostela...


...Pray for us!

No comments: