Friday, April 3, 2009

Send me on THE WAY (the Camino that is)


This is the most basic symbol of the pilgrimage to Santiago di Compostela, the shell. If anyone knows why, please enlighten me.
Usually I am not so bold, but I read once God rewards the bold.

On Monday, 06 April 2009, I will be boarding an airplane as the first part of a pilgriamge to Santiago di Compostela. Eight of those days I will be walking.

Pilgrims have been following these routes for centuries.This pilgrimage is often called the CAMINO, which is Spanish for "THE WAY."

All I will carry for these eight days must fit in a borrowed hiking pack, but I hope to carry something more, and those would be your prayer intentions. Please send them my way.

I personally seek to deepen my relationship with Christ, and the fraternal communion with the six other "brothers" (fellow seminarians) that I will be travelling with me. I expect that I will meet others on "THE WAY" who are also on the pilgrimage to God. I pray that I may be an instrument that draws them closer to the joy that is found in the Lord.

I ask for your prayers first of all, and please do not make these lacking for the Evil One detests pilgrimages and fraternal unity. Please also pray that we have good weather and for our health and safety. Please pray for the men and women, the young and old, we will meet on the way.

In addition though, as I make the last preparations for this pilgrimage, there are unexpected expenses that are starting to add up, so if you can find it in your generosity to provide a little extra support, I would be very grateful. Any gift no matter how little, goes a long way.

Please just send me a email note, if possible before Sunday evening if you can (or after -- but it may take me a while to respond since I will be walking come rain or shine!).

Please pray for me, and be sure of my prayers for you.
Saint James of Compostela, patron of pilgrims...
...pray for us!

No comments: